Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday, Feb 11th


Hi. Went to Cedars yesterday morning for pre-op tests:  EKG, blood tests and more blood tests.  Later I went to my local pharmacy to pick up some meds.  I told Ari, the pharmacist about my cancer diagnosis and he gave me this cute Beanie Baby.  He said he'd had it downstairs for three years and wanted to give it to me.  So sweet.

I'm meeting with a gynecological oncologist tomorrow because I also have to have my ovaries removed.  This is to protect me from getting ovarian cancer. Because I have the BRCA-1 gene my risk of that cancer is greatly increased.

Today is a shopping day - yay!  Looking for a comfy robe and some more sweatpants and loose tops.  Will write again soon when I have more info.

Love you!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Thanks for the blog lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again,
    I love you. You're wonderfull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, this should be a great way to communicate with you...and also my 1st Blog experience. I loved seeing you last night and just know that my prayers are going to be with you with great incredible intent. Actually, you are already HEALED!!!! The tests before are probably the Worst of it!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy!!! I'm thinking about you :0)

    xoxoMich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Amy...I will keep you in my everyday prayers...sorry to have heard this on my BDay. Hugs and kisses to you tonight :)

    -Marivel Lucero-Alvarez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, so glad you made this blog...now I can offer my prayers and thoughts for your continued strength. Not a day goes by at Marquez when your presence is not felt as we "tech" our way through the day. Can hardly wait 'till you return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping... did I hear shopping? And you didn't invite me along??? Hope your retail therapy was fruitful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy,

    You are on my mind and in my prayers. I miss you on campus and hope to see you very soon.

    Love,
    Brianne xo

    ReplyDelete