Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday, February 14th


Hi everyone,
The day of my surgery is almost here (Tuesday) and I've been thinking about the details of that day.  I know that I will need to get as much rest as possible and I've decided that I will not be able to visit with anyone on Tuesday other than David and my sister Cathy. The surgery will be long - six hours or even more. Of course you are welcome to be in the waiting room for any of that time if you want to. Please feel free to be there if you want to be there.  Once I'm in the recovery room Cathy will send a group email letting you know that everything went well.

I think I will be in the hospital for several days and I really hope I will be able to have visitors at some point. Jessica will keep updating the blog re: my condition.  

 Many of you have offered to bring food to my house or drive me to chemo appointments. We will be posting a calendar online that you can use to sign up on certain days to help.  This way we won't receive 5 pots of chicken soup in one day!  Information about the calendar will be on the blog soon.

Again, I want to thank you for your love and support.  I can't express how much it helps me.  I have the best friends and family in the world!

Love,
Amy
PS Hope you like the cartoon.  I'm trying  to stay positive and humor helps!

15 comments:

  1. Hardy-Har-Har...Yeah...We'll all get those comedy films headed your way! Cancer-Shmancer. Hmpf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you call a doctor who is always on the telephone?
    An ON-CALLogist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now we know to bring fries to you--not chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cartoon! Keep it up laughter heals!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to sail through this. You're such a special person. I'm so lucky to have you in my life!!! You counteract my frown and turn it upside down! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you the best. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. rdh

    ReplyDelete
  7. love and doggie kisses... sophie the dog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, you are going to be so fine! Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy,
    The big question I have is: do you think The Dodgers are going to sign Manny next week? What's the hold up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. forgot to tell you, we'll be sitting in those seats in time to watch batting practice just like you always insist! ///can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy:
    We're sending you a lot of love and
    healing energy from Oakland. We believe
    in your strength and look forward to
    being with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have already contacted our favorite Grilled Cheese spot to see if they express deliver! If Liz Taylor can do it with chili, so can we.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. by the way, hitting preview and then submit or final, makes the word come up quickly. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our love is with you tomorrow Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Amy,Vicky gave us all thumbs up tonight at the meeting. We look forward to a meeting with you very soon. Am thinking of you alot......
    xoxo
    Beta

    ReplyDelete