Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday, February 12th


Serenity- the state of being calm and peaceful.  This is what I'm working on and have already found moments of peace. I am very hopeful and am trying to stay positive!  

This morning I met the doctor who will be taking out my ovaries.  He's a gynecological oncologist (try to say THAT 3 times real fast!) and I liked him a lot.  Went back to Cedars in the afternoon for a pelvic ultrasound.  I will spare  you those details.

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday.  I will  write more about that soon.

BTW - Vicki - I had an egg sandwich for lunch from the Urth Cafe!  :)

I feel blessed to have so much love and support.  Thank you.

Love, Amy

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for that Amy. It's a better visual than the pelvic ultrasound! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I'll be thinking of you Tuesday, as I have been constantly these days. Good luck - your never ending positive attitude and just plain greatness has to help! Well...I'm here.
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuesday, February 17th - good choice. I much prefer hospitals during the week, than on the weekends! I am on your positive & serene team. Sending you lots & lots of love. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that serenity picture!!! You're the best!!! You are certainly surrounded by love and have such a great attitude of gratitude!!!
    Wonderful, you are going to fly through this:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother-in-law had a pain beneath her left breast. Turned out to be a trick knee.
    -Phyllis Diller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending lots of love your way, Miss Amy. Tuesday it is... we'll all be there with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to know more about the egg salad sandwich. Wheat? Rye? Not too much mayo I hope. My mother is big on too much mayo, so I have an aversion. I like the blog, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to know more about the egg salad sandwich. Wheat? Rye? Not too much mayo I hope. My mother is big on too much mayo, so I have an aversion. I like the blog, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sending LOTS of LOVE to you Amy, and David on this Valentine's Day!!!!
    xoxo
    Shelly and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Amy.
    Happy Valentines day! I love you a lot and think you are a better babe with short hair.
    Love,
    BD

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice to be your go to tech. you can use me anytime

    ReplyDelete
  12. BTW did I tell you I love your haircut!!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can do this! You have angels protecting you.

    ReplyDelete