Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Protector of Women


This is a photo of  a holographic figure inside a crystal cube given to me by my aunt Dianne.  (Uncle Eddie gets the photo credit though!) The figure is of Quan Yin( Guan Yin, Kwan Yin), a beloved  protectress known all over Asia.  She is generally regarded by many as the protector of women and the champion and healer of the sick.

She is also seen as a source of unconditional love and compassion. The act, thought and feeling of compassion and love is viewed as Guan Yin.  A merciful, compassionate, loving individual is said to be Guan Yin.  A meditative or contemplative state of peace with oneself and others is seen as Guan Yin.

Very cool.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! She sounds like the right holographic figure to have!!! glad to see your message was written at 424pm instead of am. Hope you are sleeping a little better. Love you.........
    XXOONancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. testing to see if i can add a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn something new every day -on your blog! By taking yesterday's quiz, I learned that I wasn't as good as David at classic movie quotes. Today, I am learning about Asian culture. Thanks Teach! xo Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can all use a little protection, can't we? I hope you can feel her healing light. I'm sending mine, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete