Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chemo and more

Got lots of info today.  Met with my plastic surgeon who said everything looks good and is healing well.  Next Monday Dr Slate will start injecting saline into my expanders.  This will continue once/week for......?  I don't know how long.

I also met with  my oncologist Dr McAndrew .  She said I will start chemo next Thursday.  But before that I have to do some more tests including an Echocardiogram for my heart.  There's even a Chemo 101 class that they encourage me to go to.  Of course I will.

So.. time to hold on as the roller coaster starts climbing the track.  Luckily I have all of you to hold on to.

xoxAmy

PS  We're ok on the chocolate now.  Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Wow! Chemo 101! Let me know if you want to take a friend. I am always up for a class. I am also pretty good on roller coasters. Love you lots!
    xo Peggy
    P.S. 24 hr. chocolate return - that is pretty good. Save me a milk chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy
    I like roller coasters, don't you? They tend to make me a little sick, but I always recover pretty quickly. Remember, they have ups and downs and ups again! I'm always here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Amy
    I'm ready to ride that roller coaster with you to the doctor, to the chemo, to "infinity and beyond" as Buzz Lightyear would say.
    I love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chemo 101! Wow. They think of everything. Yes, we're all on that roller coaster with you. They can be scary at times, but with friends, you're not alone.

    Glad you're healing well.

    Please let me know when you're low on the chocolate supply!

    Much love,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete