Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday update


My friend Katie flew back to Portland this morning and I miss her already.  She took me to a zillion doctor appointments last week and went with me to my first chemo session.  More  importantly i got to just be with her and let her help me.  Again, I am overwhelmed with the love and support I have from all of you.

Jessica flew in Friday night and we've been roommates for the weekend!  LOVE having her here.  She's making dinner tonight - yay!  More good news: my sister will be here tonight and is staying until Wed.

Quick physical update:
Went for hydration yesterday.  The hard part was getting a nasty shot that is supposed to help my white (red?) blood cell count.  Mainly it hurt my arm and it's still so stiff and sore today.  I was nauseous last night for the first time but the medication helped immediately and I even slept longer. 

I rebounded a bit today and had fun visiting with Tracy, Kathy and Nynette.  Tracy and I even made it over to the new Anthropologie store that is right around the corner!

I'm feeling tired but hopeful.  Thanks again for all your love.


7 comments:

  1. Great picture of 3 beautiful ladies! Sorry to hear about the pain & nausea, but glad to hear that the meds are working. Wonderful to see that you continue to be surrounded by love. Sending you mine! xo Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have so much love swirling around you, Amy.
    That is the best medicine, but don't stop taking the other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weirdest words come up on this particular word verification feature.....the last one was oleficil?????
    i haven't a clue. Goodnight and sweet dreams. XOXOO
    i spelled weird wrong in the deleted post! it looked weird! it still looks weird. oh well, weird happens!
    goodnight and sweet dreams! XOXOOX janee

    p.s. i swear i am totally sober!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound strong and positive (as usual) that is good. Let me know if you need a hall pass and when you are ready to come see us on Wednesday.

    Lots of love,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went shopping, sounds like great strides. Love the picture of you and Katie and Jessica. Glad the medication immediately got rid of the nausea. Sounds like you are doing well and definitely are surrounded by love and attention!!! Excellent.!!! Talk to you soon.
    XXOONancy

    ReplyDelete