Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day One - check it off


Well, I made it through my first chemo session.  It was a piece of cake - really.  First they did my blood work then they started hydration and then started the chemo drugs.  My port in my arm worked perfectly.  The nurses were nice and the chair was comfy. Katie kept me company.  David brought lunch and before you knew it it was time to leave!

Tomorrow I go back for just hydration.  Jessica will go with me because she will be here tonight!  Yay

Now we just have to hope that I don't get the typical side effects like nausea. 

One down, five to go.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was a piece of cake, I think you'll continue to do fine. Not everyone has nausea!!!

    We've been running around our building and up the street to get a glimps of Obama, so close...but...oh well. Glad Jessica is coming.
    Talk to you later.
    XXOONancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it went smoothly. You're amazing! Hi and love to Jess xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piece of cake! I like that. You knocked it out! Way to go. Still the champ!
    xoxo Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy

    Sounds like you won't need the ginger pills. You are quite the trooper. You remind me of my aunt, I went to see her today to "help her out" since she just had shoulder surgery. I left with some home made banana cupcakes that she had whipped up with one arm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,

    I have been reading your blog and hope you are recovering swiftly. You are really a trooper! Keep fighting.

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang in there! going for hydration sounds like a spa treatment. i guess they know who you are . . .

    love you! sending you soothing healing vibes . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravissima! What's a little nausea to a warrior goddess like you? How nice that you have your lovely daughter there to keep her mamma company. Did the DVD arrive? Thinking of you and sending love and light, XOXOXX Janee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been thinking about you yesterady and today. So glad it went without a hitch! Sending you MUCH love-

    ReplyDelete