Thursday, March 19, 2009

Big Day

I tried to find a joke or cartoon to start this blog but nothing caught my attention.  So today is my first chemo session.  David and Katie are going with me.  We'll be there for about 5 hours.  I packed a bag as if I were flying on a plane to NY.  I have my laptop (of course), Kindle, magazines, cords, meds, and wallet.  I do know how to keep my self busy.

I need you guys to continue sending positive thoughts and prayers ok?  I know you will and believe me I can use it.  Chemo is needed and important and I am trying to remain grateful that there IS a treatment for me.  So my intention today is to go in there with positive thoughts and images.  Screw the fear - I can handle it.   Tougher than I look!

Check back later for an update.
xox

6 comments:

  1. Amy...I am speaking for all of us when I say we are so sorry you have to go through this but we are grateful that you are willing to do what it takes to be in our lives for the lifetime ahead. You are already cancer free..this is just an extra added 'kick-it's butt' insurance plan. You don't have to be strong, tough, positive, or anything other than who you are, cuz we love love love you as you are and we are all right by your side always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy ~ you have skyrocketed to the top of my "Tougher than they Look" List. Ain't no one or no thing gonna take you down. You are in my thoughts and prayers all day and all night. I am grateful that there IS a treatment for you. (I wish it was a lot easier treatment, but I am still grateful.) Just think, now that you have started chemo - soon you will be finished with chemo. You are that much closer! I love you! I will be watching for the update. xoxoxo Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you every step of the way, my dear. Loving you always, sending virtual chocolate chip cookies, and every other yummie sweet delicious thing I can. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get through this with flying colors - I know. It's ok to be scared, too, remember that. It's more the unknown than anything else. Once you get through the first one, it won't be as bad. You're on your way to having this whole thing be over soon. You're an amazing woman and you can get through anything. I'm sending lots of love and positive thoughts. And remember, nausea isn't mandatory!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many thoughts and prayers for you amy, and we all know you are a tough lady! stay strong, can't wait to see your beautiful daughter and hopefully you this weekend. love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Amy! I kept seeing you go on and offline yesterday but could not catch you. Glad the time went fast! Enjoy having Jess around and give her a hug for me! xoxo l

    ReplyDelete