Friday, March 27, 2009

Blood Work


Today I went to Tower Oncology to do some blood work.  They pricked my finger (ow!) and filled up a few things of blood.  The results were back quickly.  My numbers are low and that is expected while being on chemo. For those of you interested in numbers and/or those that understand this - read on.

My WBC was 1.14 down from 7.9.   Biggest drop is the platelet count. It is 87,000 and before it was 256,000.  Yipes!

Mainly they told me to watch out for fevers (100.5 or higher then I have to call) and infections.  Not planning on either anyway!

Battled more today with nausea and thankfully the meds helped.
It was a long day.  Time for bed now.

xox


 

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning! I hope that you got a good night's sleep. Where do you find the cartoons? Very funny! I would love to come for a visit this week, if that is a good idea. I'm not sure how visitors work well with the numbers. I will talk with you later & make a plan. xo Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Amy. All my love -

    Jean E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and I love seeing you in person. I don't know about blood numbers and drops but I think you look like you feel much better. Keep up the good spirits and let the medical experts think about your numbers:)

    I'm doing this at my back up time but I don't see anything happening:)
    XXOONancy

    ReplyDelete